2008-04-12

Atmospheric pressure and altitude

Atmospheric pressure and altitude

1. Atmospheric pressure decreases with altitude, or the height above of sea level. At higher altitudes, the density and temperature of the air are lower. As a result, the frequency of collisions of the molecules is decreased (lower). Hence, atmospheric pressure is lower.



Total pressure below the surface of a liquid.

1. The formula for liquid pressure, P = hpg, is used to determine the additional pressure due to the weightmof the liquid at any point below the liquid's surface.

2. As a result, the total pressure acting at a depth, h below the liquid's surface is the sum of the pressure due to the weight of the liquid (P) and the atmospheric pressure acting on the liquid's surface.

Total pressure acting on an object below a water with a depth of h = atmospheric pressure + hpg.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the sort of guy who passions to seek hot stuff. Right now I am constructing my private solar panels. I am making it all alone without the aid of my men. I am using the net as the only way to acheive that. I encountered a truly awesome site which explains how to build pv panels and wind generators. The place explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

I am not sure about how precise the info given there iz. If some guys over here who have xp with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the site it would be great and I would really treasure it, cause I truly like solar panel construction.

Thanks for reading this. You people rock.

Anonymous said...

thanks.

Anonymous said...

Read full Pressure Class 10| SEE Physics Notes