2008-10-09

Superconductors

The resistance in many electrical machines such as electric motors, generators and transformers is large, producing vast amounts of heat during its operation. These machines have to be large in size to dissipate the heat loss.

There are some metals and compounds whose resistances fall to zero below a certain critical temperature, Tc. When their resistances become zero, these materials are called superconductors.

Superconductivity was first discovered by H.K. Onnes in 1911 when he cooled mercury to below 4.2 K. Since then, many more superconductors have been found but all these materials still require cooling by expensive cooling agents such as liquid helium or liquid nitrogen making them impractical. The race is on for a room temperature superconductor.

Superconductors are very useful because they can make electric cars more feasible and computers much faster. Electrical energy can be stored in superconducting coils for future use and there will be no energy loss in superconducting electrical power lines.

Another important and useful application is superconducting magnets which would make things like magnetic levitation (MAGLEV) trains and medical imaging machines such as the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner mode economical.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I’m Martin Reed,if you are ready to get a loan contact.Mr Benjamin via email: 247officedept@gmail.com ,WhatsApp:+1 989-394-3740 I’m giving credit to his Service .They grant me the sum 2,000,000.00 Euro at the return rate of 2% ROI. Within 5 working days.Mr Benjamin works with  group investors into pure loan and debt financing at the  low ROI to pay off your bills or buy a home Or Increase your Business. please I advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of repaying back at the due time of funds.

peter james said...

Hello, I am here to share my testimony on how I finally joined the Illuminati brotherhood with the help of Lord Olta I am now RICH, FAMOUS, AND POWERFUL, I tried my best to become a member of the brotherhood, but I was scammed several times before I found a testimony about Lord Olta on the internet so I contacted him, I was so afraid that he would ask me for a lot of money before I could join the light, but to my greatest surprise he only asked me to buy the items I made and today I am very happy to tell the world that I am rich and have been able to build many businesses with all this I obtained an instant sum of 7 million dollars in my account and I am also known all over the world with the business. ALSO GAIN MORE POWER OVER SPIRITUAL IF YOU ARE A GAMBLER, HERE IS YOU OPPORTUNITY TO ALWAYS SEE FREE LOTTERY LUCKY NUMBERS. that the Illuminati brotherhood gave me, and I also have the power to do what I want ... I know many people may be in my lane also looking for help here you are officially free to contact Lord Olta via Email: (brotherhoodi692@gmail.com) Whats-app\call (+2348115403790) BEWARE OF SCAMMERS AND YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD.










































Emma Daniel said...

Hello everyone, Experienced Hackers Services are the only true and guaranteed cryptocurrency recovery professionals. I want to tell you about how I almost had my life ruined by a man who conned me out of $135,000 after I fell for a romantic hoax. I fell for this con and it damaged my connection with my family. My life savings were stolen by a scammer I met on a dating website while he seemed to be in trouble, and I assisted him numerous times since I was continually sending money through Bitcoin. As a result, I had to declare bankruptcy. I borrowed money to help him, but I later learned that he was a con artist. After a buddy of mine showed me an article about Experienced Hackers Services Email: (experiencedhackers @gmail. com) and how they can help you recover your stolen Bitcoin from these con artists, I was able to get through everything. I got in touch with them and to my astonishment, they quickly retrieved most of what I had lost. If you find yourself in such a predicament, get in touch with them right away. via Email: (experiencedhackers @gmail. com).. All Thanks to Experienced Hackers Services.